Spotting Error - Practice Set - 1

DIRECTIONS [Q. NO. 1 TO 20]: Some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has error.

1.. (A) The two ministers shouted / (B) at one another / (C) in public. / (D) No error.
2. (A) My father / (B) has left / (C) for Bombay last Saturday./ (D) No error.
3. (A) Don’t think / (B) you can deceive me / (C) like you did my mother. / (D) No error.
4. (A) After you will return / (B) from Mumbai/ (C) I will come to meet you. / (D) No error.
5. (A) Scenes from the film / (B) had to be censured / (C) before it was released. / (D) No error.
6. (A) When my sister was ill, / (B) I went to see her/ (C) on alternative days. / (D) No error
7. (A) The beautiful / (B) surrounding of the place / (C) enchanted me. / (D) No error.
8. (A) As no Porter was available, / (B) I carried / (C) all my luggages myself. / (D) No error.
9. (A) He will not able / (B) to cope up with / (C) the problems. / (D) No error.
10. (A) Lasers are / (B) indispensable tools / (C) for delicate eyes surgery. / (D) No error.
11. (A) Sometimes / (B) I get angry / (C) on her. / (D) No error.
12. (A) I use to study / (B) till 10 pm and / (C) and then I go to bed. / (D) No error.
13. (A) Neither of the two children / (B) said their prayer / (C) before going to bed. / (D) No error.
14. (A) I don’t / (B) want to / (C) loose it. / (D) No error.
15. (A) Good heavens ! / (B) How has she / (C) grown ! / (D) No error.
16. (A) The doctor advised Mr. Mehta that, / (B) because of his back ache, / (C) he should
lay in the bed for a few days. / (D) No error.
17. (A) A variety of pleasant items in the shop / (B) attract / (C) everybody. / (D) No error.
18. (A) The table’s legs / (B) have been / (C) elaborately carved. / (D) No error.
19. (A) The sceneries / (B) of Kashmir / (C) is very charming. / (D) No error.
20. (A) I would appreciate if readers / (B) would write to me / (C) about how they meditated. / (D) No error.

Solution :

Spotting Error
1 (B) change 'one another' to 'each other'
2 (B) change 'has left' to 'left'
3 (C) 'as' in place of 'like'
4 (A) 'after you have returned' in place of 'after you will return'
5 (B) 'censored' in place of 'censured'
6 (C) 'alternate' in place of 'alternative'
7 (B) 'surroundings' in place of 'surrounding'
8 (C) 'luggage' in place of 'luggages'
9 (B) 'cope with' in place of 'cope up with'
10 (C) 'eye' in place of 'eyes'
11 (C) 'with' in place of 'on'
12 (A) 'I study' in place of 'I use to study'
13 (B) 'his' in place of 'their'
14 (C) 'lose' in place of 'loose'
15 (B) 'she has' in place of 'has she'
16 (C) 'lie' in place of 'lay'
17 (B) 'attracts' in place of 'attract'
18 (A) 'leg of the table' in place of 'table's leg'
19 (A) 'scenery' in place of 'sceneries'
20 (B) 'wrote' in place of 'would write'

1 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author